January 12, 2010

Mommy's Birthday Cake

Claire and I got to make Mommy's birthday cake all by ourselves. The new mixer she got for Christmas makes baking so much easier. Mommy's cake was the second cake that we attempted with the new mixer and it was wonderful! The first cake we made a few weeks ago was a yellow cake with chocolate icing. The recipe sounded a little funny, but we tried and it was definetly a bust. Two thumbs down:(
So, for Mommy's birthday we decided on a standard white cake recipe with strawberry icing. We also decided to 'pretty it up' a little by tinting the cake purple. It was a super girly cake. Mommy let us do everything except the measuring and it was so fun. We took turns adding the ingredients and after the cake cooled from the oven we even got to put on the icing.
Our cake turned out SOOOOOO good. It was light, fluffy, moist and BEAUTIFUL! I tried to get some pictures of the inside of the cake. The colors don't show up too good, but you get the idea. Is you mouth watering yet???? :)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma,
The cake does look delicious. That was the thing to do in this cold weather. Nana cooked all weekend too. Now Grandaddy and I have to eat leftovers for days. Maybe he won't mind. Hope it is getting a little warmer for you all. Spring is coming soon. Love you all.
Nana Jordan

Jill said...

I love the color! Looks yummy! You girls did a wonderful job! I bet mommy, daddy and you girls enjoyed eating the cake! Love you! Auntie Jill

Grandma said...

mmmmmm you girls did a great job on that birthday cake. Mommy sure is lucky to have such good bakers in the house.

Great job Emma Jordan, I love you.