July 20, 2007

I'm a Big Girl Now!

I have now been sleeping in my big girl transition bed since Monday night. Besides my one afternoon of exploration at nap time (I wasn't sleepy yet!) it has been wonderful. I get in and fall asleep just as I did in my crib. Mommy and Daddy were worried that I would be too tempted to climb out and never go to sleep, but that just isn't the case. I stay in bed and am usually asleep before they even get downstairs. This started out on Monday as a trial, but because of my easy transition it looks like I am going to be getting my REAL big girl bed after my birthday next weekend. Mommy and I have already bought all my new bedding and we are trying to decide on paint colors now. I am going to have a BIG GIRL BEDROOM and I can't wait!


Here is my transition bed. Daddy took the front off my crib and turned it into a day bed. Cool huh?

4 comments:

Summer Pendley said...

Hey Big Girl!

I'm glad to see that the "day bed" is going well. Noah's crib also transitions into a day bed, but we have yet to take the front off. He gets in and out of his crib on his own anyway...isn't that hilarious? I guess he's telling us....aren't I ready for my big boy bed now?

By the time baby sis arrives, you'll be in your big girl bed for sure! How exciting!!!

Jon, Ashley, Mackenzie,and Mackayla said...

Emma,
We're so happy for you (and your Mommy!) that you're doing so well in your day bed. You really are a big girl!

Mackenzie

Anonymous said...

You are really a big girl and a big sister! You will be able to show your little sister how to do everything. I know you are getting excited about your 2nd birthday coming up soon! Nana Jordan will bring Aunt Jill's gift with her for your party! Have a good time and take plenty of pictures! Love you all, Aunt Jill

Angel said...

Wow! You are already going to a big girl bed? The thought hasn't even crossed my mind yet... Mommy's kinda glad cuz she thinks I would be an explorer too! It's a good thing we have 2 cribs in our house - Mommy says she's keeping me in mine till I'm 5!